Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yoga at Hourglass Fitness and Wellness

I recently attended YogaFit Level 1 training and am so excited to be doing my community service at Hourglass Fitness and Wellness.  No, I was not ordered to do community service because I have anger management or other issues.  YogaFit founder, Beth Shaw, feels strongly about the importance of community service so she asks that after we complete our initial training we offer a free class in our community to complete 8 hours of our service. 

I feel honored to be a student of Lorrie Glass Coffman for many years now and am so grateful that she has an incredible Yoga studio right here in Wellsville, Kansas for local residents and people from the surrounding area to learn about Yoga and other fitness training.  http://www.hourglassfitnessandwellness.com/

I have coordinated with Lorrie to offer a free Yoga class on Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. in Oct. & Nov. at no charge.  I will offer some discounted rates to my charter students for helping me complete my community service.  I would love to offer another class during the week as well, maybe during the day or another weeknight.  Please give me any feedback if you have suggestions for another class and time you would like.  Maybe Yoga, with a little bit of Pilate's or some small weights?  The possibilities are endless.

You can click on the hourglassfitness link above and read my bio, but I have also copied it below. 

"Jennifer moved to Wellsville in 2004 and tried Yoga for the first time when Hourglass Fitness owner Lorrie Glass Coffman was teaching in the evenings at the elementary school.  She followed her to her space above Smokey’s Restaurant and then to her new studio on Main Street.

Jennifer grew-up being the “skinny kid” and was not involved in sports but started to struggle with excess weight in her late 30’s.  Having to learn for the first time how to eat healthy and workout to increase metabolism and build muscle, Jennifer learned a lot from Lorrie and others that she was anxious to share with others.  “I have a special place in my heart for women who are struggling because it affects our self-esteem and our sense of ourselves.  Our society gives us so many conflicting messages and information.” 

Jennifer believes we need to find what kind of workout we enjoy so that we can stick to it.  Running and yoga are her favorite, but she likes to try new things as well like a spin class or Pilates and also weight training.  She completed her first 5K at the age of 44 and would like to complete a half-marathon next year.   She also plans to become a certified trainer in 2013

“We need to be healthy at every age so we can take care of our families and teach them healthy habits to pass along to the next generation.” "
Please join me for Yoga on Thursday evenings!  We are taking a poll to decide if we will have a class the day before Thanksgiving.  You can email me to be added to my contact list.  jlandreth66@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment