Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hummus Dip and Kale Chips


I brought this hummus dip to our last Spa Yoga Night at Hourglass Fitness and Wellness.  Some people asked for the recipe, so here it is……already……..so soon.

Both of the following recipes are from “The Virgin Diet” by JJ Virgin.  Her book helped me figure out that I need to eliminate gluten and dairy from my diet.  It has some great recipes in it.  Here are two for snacks.

Hummus Dip

Ingredients:

2 cups canned, drained garbanzo beans

1/3 cup tahini

¼ cup lemon juice

2 crushed cloves garlic

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon sea salt

1 pinch paprika

Directions:

Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and sea salt in a blender or food processor.   Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.  Serve with cucumber, red pepper and jicama spears.

I eat mine with tortilla chips. 

Crispy Kale Chips

Ingredients:

1 head washed, thoroughly dried kale

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Sea salt for sprinkling

Directions:

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.  Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 ½” pieces.  Lay on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil and salt. Bake 10-20 minutes until crisp, turning leaves halfway through. Watch closely.

I made them and they were good.  Next time I think I will use my misto spray bottle and spray the olive oil on them.

 

 

5 comments: